Here is what you get with this set:
Disc #-Spoon: This disc is perfect for ages 2-4
- -Spoon: The cute tale about learning to appreciate YOU (contains highlighted text feature)
- -A Boy, A Dog and A Frog: Cute video (not cartoon) about a young boy and his dog trying to catch a frog. No words, just cute music.
- -Otto Runs For President: Still storybook images shown with highlighted text feature
- -Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!: Lots of color in this one. Still images and highlighted text.
Disc #2-Dem Bones: Amazing disc that is perfect for anatomy lessons (Dem Bones) and history lessons (Erie Canal, dinosaur bones). Good for ages 4 and up.
- -Dem Bones: LOVE this one! Great song with highlighted words. The parts of the body are colored red on the skeletons when the song talks about them. We learned a lot of new facts about our bones!
- -Hush Little Baby: Still photos from the original storybook with highlighted text as it is sung (twice).
- -Fox Went Out on a Chilly Night: Still photos and highlighted text. A little morbid considering the fox is going hunting...so just be aware.
- -Dinosaur Bones: Great colorful images and highlighted text that will teach your little one all about dinosaur bones and paleontologists!
- -The Erie Canal: This story starts out with a quick history lesson (and real life photos) of the creation of the Erie Canal. Then, the story transitions into still images (cartoons) and a song about the Erie Canal that the kids really enjoyed!
Disc #3-That New Animal: Preschooler Oldies but Goodies
- -That New Animal: Still pictures and highlighted text about a dog who is trying to figure out why this new animal is here (aka: the baby)!
- -I Love You Like Crazy Cakes: Adorable old story with highlighted text.
- -Smile For Auntie: Very old images with highlighted text. Not really a family favorite.
- -Blueberries For Sal: One of my favorite old stories complete with highlighted text.
Scholastic Storybook Treasures: My First Collection Vol. 2 featuring Spoon truly has some amazing stories and songs on it that are for any age! The publisher recommends these discs for ages 2-6; however, with the songs on the parts of the body, and the Erie Canal, this collection could be a teacher's dream! I highly recommend this set, so buy yours today:
To find more Scholastic Storybook Treasures, like NewKideo on Facebook.